Negative Rigging

RegC

TreeHouser
From yesterday. Beautiful weather all week

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q80fVHkyAg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great video Reg!! big fir... some really nice neg riggin' going on.

What size rig rope you running? 3/4" mabey

Well that was about as bad ass as it gets.

Thanks for that vid. :drink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. Started with 5/8 then switched to 3/4 half way down. Missed a couple shots where Jared forgot to hit record, but there was more than enough logs to make the vid.

Seeing you SRT while spiking up was good...have not seen that portrayed before. Thanks for the idea.

Great perspective with camera at the top as you climbed up...do you just leave it running up there when you descend after limbing or can you turn it on with wifi from the ground?

Pushing chunks off perpendicular to the block/rope....makes sense to save impact to rope but I don't recall that being emphasized anywhere before....another thread here recently referenced you doing that...good to see it in the video.

Watching the belay line go slack and then catch the chunk was cool...thanks for putting that together.

Thanks again.

Gary, after spurred up the top of the pole I set the camera and just went back down a little ways....purely to make the video. Only cost me a couple minutes.

Jared was stopping logs a little too fast, relative to the amount of room he had. So the rope still got scuffed, without getting hit direct. The fence also hindered us at the bottom, so I couldn't off set the bollard as much as I wanted. On a long straight pole, even though you miss the rope with the log, its only just. On a big wide tree its much easier.

Scott I didn't video the limbs. Majority were 6in 20-25 ft. Tree had been lions tailed time over in the past.

Thanks, Reg, for the clarifications.

I liked the black/white at the beginning...fine production and editing.

And the music was upgrading but not overpowering.

Seeing you SRT while spiking up was good...have not seen that portrayed before. Thanks for the idea.

Right on!

Tying off the trailing end of the climb line now, after seeing it, seems so obvious. Wonderful video as always Reg. Thank you for putting these out there.

Was that Rope Wrench? Are you still on the Wrench?

Cheers

Right on!

Tying off the trailing end of the climb line now, after seeing it, seems so obvious. Wonderful video as always Reg. Thank you for putting these out there.

Was that Rope Wrench? Are you still on the Wrench?

Cheers

Yes still on the wrench. It falls through the hitch on its own above 40ft, with the aid of a chest attachment of some kind, as pointed out to me by Dmc a year ago (thanks Dave). But the rope was quite pitchy from the limbing, so the base tie-off made sure it ran smoothly.

Good work Reg.... Why didnt you climb the rope instead of the tree? With ascenders... much easier on the body I find and quicker too...

We're spurring up and down poles like that all the time, just as easy as breathing mate. It only took about a minute, so hardly worth breaking out ascenders.

Exactly... I love it when you just spur right up on self belay like that and not even need the flip line. That one was a tad thick though for that.
When you do it as much as Reg does, it's like a walk in the park. Roll and step step step... roll repeat.

Back