Happy Winter Solstice

:lol:

I mentioned earlier to the house hold that we seill have to take a goat down to the creek and dance around in the full moon naked covered in blood....... they ain't go in for it. I guess the Christians have won here......

:lol:

Solstice is no fun around here any more, since they outlawed the old way of celebrating it.
Cutting the throat of a christian priest at Odin's alter.

Somehow sacrificing a ram just isn't the same.

Happy solstice!

Happy solstice. We had a winter solstice dinner at my parents place last night. But nothing was killed.

Here's to the longer days! I love daylight.

It always starts to get cold here just after winter solstice and it just did it now with summer solstice.

100F plus for a few days then a change and rain, and I'm freezing.:coldcold: Stuff that running around naked idea.

All my clothes except for shorts and t shirts are 600km away. You should see what I've been wearing the last two nights, things out of my charity rag bag. If I went outside I might get a handout, when I throw stuff out it's pretty well worn out.

We had cheese fondue and reminiscenced about our motorcycle trip to Schweiz this summer.

One glass of wine and an shot of Ensian schnapps each, since the other two had to drive home.

Since I refuse to have anything to do with x-mas, we do our company end of the year thing for solstice instead.

It was a fine evening.

Winter solstice here and in the Uk usually means that winter really kicks in, rather than some kind of turning point for the better.

Anyway, better than not being here at all! (In the land of the living rather than The House I mean)

I celebrate both winter solstice and Christmas. I love the holidays. Happy winter solstice to everyone!

We'll be off to my parents for a nice dinner today.

In my area we light homes on fire and sacrifice the wrak..... Uhhhh..... I mean we celebrate with wine and grilled cheese.....

It was 82F here today. Where is this "winter" you speak of?

It was 112F in Western Sydney on Wednesday, cooled down a bit now though. I wasn't there luckily, only 92F here.

Summer solstice usually means it's warming up but it's early this year.

Christmas is just another day for me these days. Great for kids but I'm glad when it's over really, people go a bit nuts this time of year.

Christmas, buying people you don’t like shit they don’t want with money you don’t have. It’s cool to watch the little ones enjoy it tho.

Back