Official Jobber Thread

NickfromWI

King of Splices
Landen I got a jobber question for you!

Let's say I make a job. It's got....20 items in it. Client calls us up and says "hey let's book! But take off those last 2 items."

No biggy. I convert quote to job, then delete the 4 items.

But what if they ONLY wanna do the last two items?

I think you should have a button that brings up little check boxes and you can check the items you want then click "create job with selected items"

What do you think!!

love
nick

Good idea Nick for the separate thread!

About your idea, personally I love it. I am a big fan of design like that and would like to see more bulk type options in other areas of the app. Such as the listing pages for jobs, quotes and invoices. There could be more that you could do from those pages without having to click into the individual pages.

I will toss the idea around with others and see what they think.

-Landen

1. How much is Jobber monthly?
2. Does it sync with Quickbooks 2012 desktop for quarterly accounting?
3. Does it sync with online banking?
4. How does the calendar work?

Very interested, looking for a change...

1. How much is Jobber monthly?
2. Does it sync with Quickbooks 2012 desktop for quarterly accounting?
3. Does it sync with online banking?
4. How does the calendar work?

1. Jobber has one base plan that is 39$ a month. That includes 2 login users, one for yourself and one for another worker or office staff. You can have unlimited team members for scheduling and creating day sheets. If you want them to be able to login and see their schedule and view or edit within Jobber, they have to be a login user. Additional login users (after the first 2) are 9$ a month each. There are add-ons that can range from 5-9$ extra each month. QuickBooks sync add-on is an additional 9$ a month.

2. Jobber can sync with US versions of QuickBooks Desktop 2012 using the Intuit sync manager. Intuit has not created a sync manager for non-US versions QuickBooks Desktop (Windows). They also don't have an integration for any Mac versions of Quickbooks.

Some FAQ on the sync manager: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/INF12748
Our guide for the integration: https://learn.getjobber.com/hc/en-us/articles/200648675

I should add that Intuit is making a big push to get people onto QuickBooks Online. The integration works much smoother with Online and they are going to be dropping support for desktop API's sometime in the future.

3. Not sure what you mean by online banking. We do have integrations for e-payments with Stripe and Paypal being the most popular. But we do not sync with your online banking.

4. Calendar is all done within Jobber with a drag and drop calendar. It has a one way sync with multiple calendar formats, the easiest being with Google Calendar. It has a bunch of views like month, week and also a grid view for the day and a map view for planning out daily schedules. You can do a bunch of filtering and also assign team members to jobs from the calendar.

Hope that helps and gives a good overview. Happy to answer any questions :)

-Landen

We decided not to use the jobber to Google calendar sync as it seemed to really clutter up our calendar and added a redundant item on the calendar.
Still hoping for monthly/quarterly/ yearly reports and A.R. totals for the mobile device.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm super mac based and we LOVE jobber. We have 1 iMac, 1 macbook pro, 3 iPhones and an iPad. They all run smoothly. I have the calendar synced to iCloud and it works just fine. I can open a calendar event on the native iPhone calendar app and it auto populates the address and meeting notes for me. My normal routine through the day is after I write the quote for this visit, I open the calendar app, click the next appt, click the address which opens up in the Maps app immediately, I navigate to the location, then go back to calendar to read the notes for the appt I'm about to have. It's really smooth.

Landen- why can't we reorder line items on a quote when operating from the iPhone or iPad? It seems silly to me. We don't need the click and drag functionality, just an up/down arrow next to each item where we can press to move it up or down.

Yeah its just QuickBooks Mac Desktop that does not have a sync manager so we cannot integrate with it. QuickBooks Online with a Mac works just fine.

The the Jobber program itself is all in the cloud, so it will run on any modern phone and in any modern browser.

Nick I will check into that. We just got a new in house update to the iPhone app yesterday that we are testing.

-Landen

Thanks for the breakdown. I currently use Quickbooks online, it is ok (at best) but Intuit can be difficult to deal with. I can't see paying for QBO and any other software. So I'm looking for something to sync with QB2012 which I already paid for and can account with. The banking elements with QBO are great but it is full of glitches and has NO scheduling.

That makes sense. You can still sync Jobber with QuickBooks Desktop 2012 using the Sync Manager.

QBO does still have a ways to go but we know they are putting a lot of effort into making QuickBooks Online a decent alternative to Desktop. And your are right, they don't have scheduling so that is why Intuit is working together with us and other add-on providers to help fill those gaps for features they don't have.

My guess is they would rather focus on the banking/accounting/payroll elements and have really good integrations for the other areas. But they know that to have really good integrations, Online is the way to go and easier to support.

-Landen

I think this has been mentioned before, maybe not. It would be cool if there was a way to have default checkboxes when doing a quote at the bottom of the page that wouldn't be visible to the client. This would be nice for when we need a special piece of equipment for that particular job, to assign a certain dump site or have some special situations highlighted before we leave for the work (ex: fence must be removed to access stump).

We do comments for the crew at the bottom. There's a thing that says "internal comments" or something like that

love
nick

So how about that iOS app?

IMG_2701-e1411408384832.png

You mean that one? We have 3 developers working on it right now. I just started messing around with it and checking it out. Its really smooth so far. It will still be an initial release but it should be a big improvement from the mobile site. Not sure if we are going to have an open beta with it yet but I will post about it if I find out.

I think this has been mentioned before, maybe not. It would be cool if there was a way to have default checkboxes when doing a quote at the bottom of the page that wouldn't be visible to the client. This would be nice for when we need a special piece of equipment for that particular job, to assign a certain dump site or have some special situations highlighted before we leave for the work (ex: fence must be removed to access stump).

IMG_2702-e1411408252393.png

That is a bit of a preview of the new app. That is how it will look and how you would add a note and attachment from mobile. It works pretty much the same from the mobile site. You can also use custom fields for some of the simpler and more repeated notes for a client or job.

We actually wrote a blog post about mobile notes and attachments just recently: https://blog.getjobber.com/2014/08/tips-tricks-adding-notes-attachments-mobile/

Does that cover what you want to do?

-Landen

I got a question- Lets say multiple people are using the same computer. I open up the lap top, start working, then later realized I'm logged in as someone else. Seems like my name should be big and visible in the upper right corner so that I know I'm the one that's logged in.

And while we're on the topic, when a co-worker sends an email through jobber, it comes from MY email address. So then I got people calling me saying, "you know what you said in your email????" But it wasn't me that said it. Can each user have their own email address assigned to them? Pretty please?

We do that all the time! Make a work items called:

Dump Main
Dump Hwy2

And the descriptions would say, "use dump on main street" and "use dump on Highway 2"

Then make the quote, then when the client books, add to the job those "work items" and you'll be quickly adding the info. We add tons of crew notes to the jobs. They find it super helpful.

IMG_2701-e1411408384832.png

You mean that one? We have 3 developers working on it right now. I just started messing around with it and checking it out. Its really smooth so far. It will still be an initial release but it should be a big improvement from the mobile site. Not sure if we are going to have an open beta with it yet but I will post about it if I find out.

IMG_2702-e1411408252393.png

That is a bit of a preview of the new app. That is how it will look and how you would add a note and attachment from mobile. It works pretty much the same from the mobile site. You can also use custom fields for some of the simpler and more repeated notes for a client or job.

We actually wrote a blog post about mobile notes and attachments just recently: https://blog.getjobber.com/2014/08/tips-tricks-adding-notes-attachments-mobile/

Does that cover what you want to do?

-Landen
I don't know why but that link redirected me to the app, not the blog :dur:

matdand if it is something about a client that you always want to attach, you can add it to the clients internal notes. Then you can have it automatically post the client notes to each job/quote that you make for that client. Nick's workflow should also work for you.

I don't know why but that link redirected me to the app, not the blog :dur:

Thats really weird... it shouldn't do that. Could try this link: https://blog.getjobber.com/ The post is at the bottom of the page. I wonder if its because the forum shortens the link.

I got a question- Lets say multiple people are using the same computer. I open up the lap top, start working, then later realized I'm logged in as someone else. Seems like my name should be big and visible in the upper right corner so that I know I'm the one that's logged in.

And while we're on the topic, when a co-worker sends an email through jobber, it comes from MY email address. So then I got people calling me saying, "you know what you said in your email????" But it wasn't me that said it. Can each user have their own email address assigned to them? Pretty please?

It used to be like that but it got changed to the cog icon to save space on the top bar. Personally I prefer text over icons in most situations but the developers went with the icons.

About the email reply-to. If you have a company email setup in your company branding section of your account settings, that will become the default reply-to email. If you leave that blank, then it will default to making the reply-to the login user that sent out the email. I mentioned it to the devs and a ticket will be opened for it. We thought of a few ways we could make that easier to handle, not sure when it will be worked on though.

-Landen

Back