5 Days Ago
I had 2 × 3/4 lines and I x 5/8. Yale, Samson and Teufelberger....all pretty stretchy.
The highest line was just a failsafe in case the top broke loose....which it did but without going anywhere. The Bottom 2 did the work.
The homeowner delt with all the lumber....I just had to leave them safe and accessible. He'd put a road in at the bottom, but was worried about the whole front row of trees since scaping away such a big area of the embankment. He does intend to replant.
Cory I set the lines on the log relative to their ground anchors, and the direction of fall. It looked right when I set it up, so I didn't over think it. As you can see, it worked out fine.