dingo

sotc

Dormant hero!!
so im buying the mini i asked about a while back, it doesnt lift much so i built a ride on feature:D

Attachments

• beaver 001.jpg
    beaver 001.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 40
  • mini 001.jpg
    mini 001.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 39
  • mini 002.jpg
    mini 002.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 39
  • mini 003.jpg
    mini 003.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 37
  • mini 004.jpg
    mini 004.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 38
Do you work in Merrelles often? ;)

I'd add a piece of sheet over the frame if you haven't already thought of that.

Looks sweet! I keep thinking of adding a counterweight to mine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah, maybe expanded metal, ill try it out a bit first. i just finished it except for trimming off the rod and welding it up

Don't let your toes get caught in there in the meanwhile!

More weight in that location couldn't hurt too much, although w/o an attachment Thomases will pop a wheelie if I try to drive forward with me on the back.

I believe it's the maker of the shoe in the picture, Willie.

And indeed Burn, mine has diamond tread cast into the counterweight.

Expanded metal over sheet would be dandy as well, expanded alone should work, perhaps even better than diamond.

My feets can slip around if I'm not paying attention and we're working in mud/wet conditions.

I believe it's the maker of the shoe in the picture, Willie.

And indeed Burn, mine has diamond tread cast into the counterweight.

Expanded metal over sheet would be dandy as well, expanded alone should work, perhaps even better than diamond.

My feets can slip around if I'm not paying attention and we're working in mud/wet conditions.

I'd fear that the expanded metal over sheet would capture mud and other crud more than I'd care for. If you go with expanded metal, do without the sheet underneath so that stuff can fall through.

D plate of 3/8ths inch stock would add a bit more counterweight, too.

i can bounce the front end off the ground a little with the bucket on now:)
i didnt think about it being slick with mud, good point!
i think ill go strait expanded metal so it doesnt hold crud.
those are ropers carl;) and yes i wear them alot! ive forgot my boots and wore my hooks with those before:D

Nice Willie!

I just cringed when I thought of someones leg falling through those bars while moving.

I'm sure you'll take care of it!

Good luck with it.

weld some plate on the bottom...turn it up a bit on the back side for when you bottom the "ride on" platform out. Educate the operator bout gettin' feet/toe pinched and shat..............

fixed and finished minus paint8)

Attachments

• dingo 1 001.jpg
    dingo 1 001.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 20
  • dingo 1 002.jpg
    dingo 1 002.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 21
aww shucks :blush:

Dont get your pantyies in a bunch there buddy...

Why have the chains supporting the base plate?

If your hinges/attachment points were strong enough then you would not need to have those chains which will become a hassle.

Frans, hanging the foot plate off the lower frame without any secondary support would undoubtedly result in the frame cracking due to the extra loads concentrated in one spot. To set it up without the chains would require reinforcing the entire lower frame. The chains are fast, easy and efficient since they transfer much of the load to another strong portion of the frame without adding a lot of weight or bulk.

the hinge is strong enough, the tubing i built the platform from is to light and would bend or crack before to long. if the chains get in the way or some other unforeseen issue comes up i can start over. wouldnt be the first time i hd to go to plan b :D

Back