Heath Ledger dead

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Damn! And he was so young! He played the Joker in the new Batman flick.

Link

art.ledger.gi.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.

Just heard it on the radio, don't have a clue who he is.

Jeesus. Was just watching Knights Tale with the boy a night ago.

That's a shame, he was a good actor. Why is every star set on self-destruct these days?

They are reporting that Britney Spears was seen leaving his apartment earlier in the day.

"Ledger was a widely recognized figure in his Manhattan neighborhood, where he used to shop at a home and children's store. Michelle Vella, an employee there, said she had frequently seen Ledger with his daughter — carrying the toddler on his shoulders, or having ice cream with her.

"It's so sad. They were really close," said Vella. "He's a very down-to-earth guy and an amazing father.""

I don't mean to be callous, but can someone explain to me why any of you care enough about this fellow to notice his untimely death?

I guess maybe I just don't get celebrity.

I'm with you Burnham, I could care less about the Hilton gal, Brittney, or much of anything else in Hollywood.

I don't mean to be callous, but can someone explain to me why any of you care enough about this fellow to notice his untimely death?

He was a likable and talented fellow. I am not sad for him as much as I am for his kid.

He seemed to be. I obviously do not know him. I agree we are a celebrity obsessed culture and know way to much about these people's lives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Have you ever seen him in a movie? He was a dang good actor. Myself, I've seen him in;

The Patriot
Monster's Ball
A Knight's Tale
Ned Kelly
Brother's Grimm
And I'm waiting to see his portrayal of the Joker in The Dark Knight.

It just sucks he died, that's all. :(

Never seen him, period. Wouldn't know the man if I met him on the street. Never heard his name before, to note it.

And I agree, it does suck. But that's true a zillion times a day, all over the world, of so many people.

I just don't get the focus some of y'all have on this one young man.

Sorry, I'll just shut up and go sit in my corner again.

You know I held my tongue for awhile,

BUT, He had a kid and he's researching a pill popping role with ambien?
then overdoses.

Lordy. Lordy.
I feel bad but not tragic, the tragedy is his kid is fatherless
because he wanted to get deeper into a role.

Sorry Buddy.

I understand Burnham's point, I am not sad or dissapointed by his passing (Heath's). it may be unfortunate that he will be unable to produce work that may entertain me or others but other than that, his passing probably wont influence my life whatsoever.

Back