New Years Day Meal

vharrison

Island Girl
We call ours Hoppin John. I have a huge pot of collards on and a pot of black eyed peas. John smoked a boston butt and later I will make some rice and green beans. It is going to be a feast. Don't forget the corn bread!
Anyone have a food tradition for New Years Day?

The traditional new years meal at least among Germans is pork and sauerkraut . Mrs Smith did a fine job today with same and it was real tasty .

Shared a bag of Doritos and some Lunchables with son and grand daughter in the fish house on lake Metigoshe.

Roast chicken soup to start than Roastbeef with stewed onions, barbecued pork loin, roast potatoes, brocolibacon salad, rice and chorizo, greens salad, pasta
Chocolate cake, custard tarts, beer and wine
and some 10 yr Port Taylor Fladgate is to live for.
I have 5 sisters and an older brother and everybody gets assigned to cook somethign so it becomes a bit of competition to make something everybody loves more than the other.

Traditional meal in the the New Year night in Russia - necessarily salad "Olivier" salad "Herring under fur coat" , salad " Mimosa ", hot appetizers , holodets , tangerines. Required" Champagne ", strong alcoholic beverages to your taste ...

Traditional meal in the the New Year night in Russia - necessarily salad "Olivier" salad "Herring under fur coat" , salad " Mimosa ", hot appetizers , holodets , tangerines. Required" Champagne ", strong alcoholic beverages to your taste ...

It all sounds yummy! Found these pics with some description. I like your saying "Vodka without Beer is a waste!"
Few years ago I was invited to a Vodka tasting party with many of these foods. Not the drunkest I've ever been but definitely a fn awesome time.
What I can remeber anyways:lol:
http://englishrussia.com/2009/05/20/top-15-russian-appetizers/
Happy New year

I could go for the Shashlik!

12.jpg

Dunno bout that meat jelly!

5.jpg

Back