Butter question!

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
For ages I've avoided butter just for the health reasons. I have no idea what brand of butter to use - I tried stick butter, but it doesn't spread worth a crap. Out of instinct, I tried "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light" and it seems alright, but I dunno.

What brand of butter tastes best to ya'll? Imma experiment!

Butch, Buy land of lakes whipped butter. It is real butter, its just whipped so it spreads easily. Dont get fooled though alot of the whipped butter products are light,no fat, fake, oil based etc. So read the package, i prefer salted butter to unsalted every day.

FYI the whipped butter is a little more expensive i believe.

It cracks me up that people still believe FAT is bad for you. Every cell membrane in your body is made of fat, if you eat BS transfats i.e. fake butter then your cell membranes are permeable, i.e. don't work right. GOOD FAT IS GOOD!!

Keeping it out of the fridge definitely helps! We have one of the butter dishes that keeps the butter inverted in water....it sits right by the stove. When we first went all-butter a couple of years ago, it tasted a little funny to me. Now margarine tastes funny. My wife and daughters make our butter from time from cream we get from some friends who have a cow. Homemade tastes a little different, depending on how well it's salted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent!!!

Da Butta Thread!!!

800px-Butter_curls.jpg

I buy a butter spread from Whole Foods made with olive oil yummy! It remains some what spreadable right out of the fridge and in five minuts nice and spreadable.

Someone over here came up with this. Easy enough to keep in your shirt pocket.

Attachments

• butter-stick.jpg
    butter-stick.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 5
Just give me plain, salted butter. I buy whatever brand is cheapest, and it's fine. We frequently buy 4# packs from Sam's.

A lot of the time, if you will add a little salt to your food, it will "enhance" the buttery flavor. I know I used to add butter to my grits til they were plumb yellow. Then I learned that the salt was what I was craving. Now I add some butter, then salt to taste. Voila! Perfect grits.

IMO, unsalted butter is for the birds.....o-o-o-r-r-r whatever/whoever it is that actually eats unsalted butter......

It's been so long that I hardly remember, but lobster dipped in melted butter seems about the ultimate. When a kid, dad would take the family to a restaurant in Santa Barbara, a lobster place, maybe once a year and we would spend the night in an ocean side motel. All that beautiful butter seems like a dream now.

Most foods have a rather bland taste if there isn't at least some fat .Too much of course they say is bad for you .

Who's to say maybe it was the cause of the death of my maternal grandmother .She passed at 96 and her mother at 103 .

Back