Chili recipe

My chillis are a product of natural selection and evolution rather than intelligent design.

I do like to use beef skirt or shin rather than mince, and slow cook it with paprika. Beans and stuff go in near the end. Other than that its whatever is in the fridge at the time, and whatever I feel like putting in. That way each one turns out as a glorious individual, some better than others, but all of them better than anything from a tin!

I have no idea .I'm an eater not a cooker .Mrs Smith seems to get the urge to cook up a big pot full of either chili or vegetable soup when it gets cold out .Lawdy she makes enough to feed a small army.

Well that's a problem too .If I ate everything that woman prepaired I'd weigh 350 pounds .I'd have to get a bigger truck or take the seat out of the Ranger and sit in the bed with a set of helper springs on the drivers side .That would be taking the "Detroit leans " to another plateau .

My wife served "cincinatti chili" tonight...it actually had chocolate and cinnamon in it...I wasn't impressed.

mine is usually something like this: ground beef or turkey, diced bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, salt, at the end I put in black beans.

Well it's got to have some kind of bean in it unless you're from Texas .

How in the world can you call beanless chili chili .Then again most Texans would say how can you call it chili with beans in it .:lol:

Yes.

And I meant most meals are cooked for an army... we don't have chili for most meals. :lol:

No home made recipes here, yet.. My personal fave, after missing it for many years.
images

Heat some oil in a pan.
Finely chop an onion.
Fry gently until softened.
Add other ingredients, cook until done.

Good call on the paprika, sometimes some cumin finds its way in too......

Yup.. cumin is the bomb in chili. The masa flour for thickening adds great flavor as well.
Garlic in mine as well..
Sometimes I will add a serrano pepper as well to add a little heat.
I also like one red bell pepper in it as well. If you roast it first... it adds almost a smokey pepper flavor to the chili.
Also, 1/2 pork and 1/2 beef when I can.

Back