Liquid fert for trees

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We will be adding a liquid fert to our services this year and I was wondering what %'s you guys are using and where do you get your fert from. I am familiar with how fert programs work because that was big business where I used to work. However I was never totally sold on they way they ran their program, not to mention that we cant buy the same product from the same supplier because of the small quantity that we will be ordering.

Ideally we want something with very low nitrogen and zero phosphorus. But if someone has a specific product that they really believe in, we would consider changing our "wish list"

I know a tree dude in Santa Cruz who's making a killing on compost tea soil injections.

Complete nutrition + soil conditioning agents.

I'll use soil and foliar applications of C-tea on smaller plants/trees with great success.

When I did fert. I used Dogget products with a sprayer and soil needle. Most all of Dogget need to have mechanical agitation in the sprayer to keep the stuff in suspension. Which can be a drawback

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the input guys. We are looking very seriously at more of an organic route as opposed to the more traditional fert programs.

Larry, thanks for your point as well. I have to check to see if our sprayer will have agitation or not.

I would love to get rocking on the compost tea out here...nobody is doing it! I've not fertilized much at all, but think it is a great way to diversify. But it seems like a slippery slope, because a guy doesn't really want to sell something to a person that doesn't need it.

I tried it for a while a few years ago. A soil blending company had a tea brewer but it didnt catch on. They may still have the brewer for sale, let me know if you have any interest I can call my contact and see whats up.

Back