Meat filling?

When I was in high school, one of my classmates got fired from Taco Bell for taking a crap in the "ground beef" and then serving it to customers.

Does anyone really think there's "two all-beef" patties in a Big mac?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eric, I haven't heard them claim that in years since the old B Mac tv ads of the 80's? maybe it was 90's, funny how that jingle stays with me to this day. "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun' Almost as memorable as the old wheres the beef commercials at burger king.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/en4muUSIRT4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
tumblr_ktob8r4znA1qan85to1_500.jpg

There's no filler in Mcdonalds beef - it's 100%. The nuggets are 100% white meat. You're just perpetuating a myth, Erik.:bs:

So, when the commercial says "100% beef," that's absolute malarkey? Companies like Mcdonalds can make statements like that that aren't the truth? There's no fear of reprisal?

I don't think so. Lordy, when was the last time you ate there? Believe me, it's ALL 100% beef and as tasty as it can get. I'm just sensing fast food hating on your part, and in your case I just about agree with you.

1) Are beef by-products still considered beef?

2) Last week.

3) No, I don't generally prefer chain restaurants.

4) Yeah, nice jab. frig you. :roll:

I wasn't going to check out that link, but I did. I'm relieved. It's about the only fast food place I go to now. Bean burrito no onions, small water. $1.16

But sometimes if it's my meal for the night, I'll add a 'beef' taco. I'm so glad to find out it's just fillers they're complaining about, not strange animal by-products, or poop.

I never assumed that was all beef, I mean look at it. :|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the Canadian site says its patties are 100% Canadian beef, salted and peppered at the time of cooking. The same cuts you would find in a grocery store bought hamburger patty.

Wendy's touts 'never frozen' beef patties. Not sure what they use for their formed chicken products. I saw Food Inc and the meat paste they show saying it goes to chicken nuggets but I guess unless someone is lying their ass off, it isnt McDonalds.

I checked the bag of chicken nuggets we have in our freezer from Costco, says 100% chicken breast meat. Not that we eat them very often anyways.

for the record I read this article and decided to check the fake blueberry deal in the Eggo waffles my son likes, its got the fake ones and real ones, wife and I decided plain waffles from now on, WE add the fruit. Thank goodness for Gramma's jams and jellies. :)

McDonald's doesn't serve the highest quality beef but I don't doubt that it is 100% beef.....The truth doesn't have to be the WHOLE truth. 100% beef sounds great compared to "100% beef from the cheapest, old, cancerous cows and occasional worthless bull including his ground testicles."

1) Are beef by-products still considered beef?

2) Last week.

3) No, I don't generally prefer chain restaurants.

4) Yeah, nice jab. frig you. :roll:

You talk to your mother with that mouth? (And they're still 100% beef... have one with an open mind/hating removed... you'll see.)

The grocery store had frozen chicken nuggets on sale last week, buy one get one free. They were Tyson, a leading national brand, so I bought them. The meat is real chicken, but maybe it's something in the breading that gives me a raging headache both times I've had them for dinner. Anyway, I have a bag and a third of frozen chicken nuggets if anybody wants them. ::?

A legitimate home cooked hamburger recipe is to add fine dried bread chips into the mix. With all beef low fat content otherwise, the chips help to hold it together and makes for a lighter patty. It isn't a bad thing.

Egg sometimes added too.

When I was in high school, one of my classmates got fired from Taco Bell for taking a crap in the "ground beef" and then serving it to customers.

I remember that story besides who ever believed that was meat to begin with.

It might be 100% beef, but is it 100% hamburger? A beef animal is made up of more things than muscle tissue. I don't eat much meat any more, but when I have a burger from one of our cows, it doesn't taste anything like McDonalds. Or any other fast food joint.

Back