Eggnog

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Eggnog is a Christmas staple in Bermuda, over here in Tassie, no-one seems to have heard of it, so we decided to introduce it!

Flippin' cholesterol BOMB!

8 eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups cream
8 tbsp sugar
nutmeg, vanilla
sherry to taste

Ooohhh yummy!

Eggnog is a Christmas staple in Bermuda, over here in Tassie, no-one seems to have heard of it, so we decided to introduce it!

Flippin' cholesterol BOMB!

8 eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups cream
8 tbsp sugar
nutmeg, vanilla
sherry to taste

Ooohhh yummy!

Don't forget the two (or more), fingers of rum:|:
Never heard of sherry being put into it,probably ok too !!!!

Steve

Southern Comfort has there own line of Egg Nog out now. The vanilla and spice is the best pre-made egg nog I have ever had.

mmm, I buy a 2 liter of eggnog each December, the last few years have been lucky to finish 75% of it, plain, no rum, the rum just makes it icky. oh, and I am brand conscious, Lucerne or nothing. :)
960019693_200x200.jpg

Lactose intolerant here. Silk makes an incredibly good soymilk eggnog. Its been sold out every time I've been to the store so far.

If you made that here, Bermy, the cholesterol wouldn't be a problem.
You'd have a 50/50 chance of getting salmonelle poisoning from the raw egg and vomiting it all up again.
Eating a storebought raw egg is the Danish version of Russian roulette.

Simple answer: the producers have grown too big, competition with imported eggs are fierce, so they cut corners in the production and when you do that, you get a higher chance of Salmonella.
When we use eggs, I buy them from a logger who has a dozed chickens that run around in the woods all day and only get locked up at night to keep the fox from having a chicken dinner.

No salmonella there.

I just asked my wife if eggnog is popular in Japan? She said that it's really popular now! Cool, I thought, I could go look for it at the market.....then she said that she had one once but it quickly got broken. Go figure... :?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Most of our neighbours here have chooks, so fresh healthy eggs are not a problem, someone is always dropping of a half dozen or so.
I drank about 2/3 of a coffee mug full last night while watching TV, bit of port in it...by chingas, I swear I could feel the fat sticking to my insides but it was go-ood!

Lactose intolerant here. Silk makes an incredibly good soymilk eggnog. Its been sold out every time I've been to the store so far.

Went to the store for bread flour and this stuff caught my eye (after seeing this post).

Bought it, tried it....blech! I'll take the real deal!

love
nick

Back