Peanut Butter Pie

• Thread starter NeTree
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 5K
N

NeTree

Here's an easy one we like; made one while Brian was up, and he can vouch for it, too!

No baking, so it's an easy recipe for kids. :)

1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup whipped topping (cool whip)
1 graham or chocolate crumb pie crust

Combine all ingredients except the whipped topping in a mixing bowl until blended well.

Fold in the whipped topping, and spoon into graham or chocolate crumb pie crust.

Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes, and enjoy. 8) :P

Now that is too funny! Just last night I was thinking about the frozen peanut butter pie from Pop's Casbah in Melbourne FL. I ate lunch there almost everyday when I was in college at FIT. It was the best peanut butter pie I have ever had and I can not replicate it. Of course this wa in the late 70's I do not know if it is still there. I was trying to find their recipe online.

had a good bag to think that one up...huh?

Nope, :lol:Mom use to make them for me when I was little cause I didn't like grilled cheese.

Still like 3-4 of them with about a quart of milk to wash 'em down for a winter snack.

I like pb too, but most of what is available here has a lot of sugar dumped into it. I remember eating some home made pb once, and that it was excellent.

Good pb used to be available in health food stores, I seem to recall sold in bulk.

No baking, so it's an easy recipe for kids. :) 1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar

All that's missing is...

sc0080c.jpg

Yup... Butch has the idea.. I will be trying it covered in chocolate :D
Now just to convince Katy to make it that way:/:

She could take a couple chocolate bars, pop them in the microwave to melt the chocolate, moosh it up, cut a tiny corner tip off the bag, give it a squeeze and drizzle it all over the pie. If I'm feeling creative I top my German Chocolate Cakes like that.

oh, +3 on the raw peanut butter (sorry Jay)

Actually, I was thinking about roasted peanut butter, but the raw stuff is supposed to be better for you health nuts.

Here's an easy one we like; made one while Brian was up, and he can vouch for it, too!

No baking, so it's an easy recipe for kids. :)

1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar

Combine all ingredients except the whipped topping in a mixing bowl until blended well.

Fold in the whipped topping, and spoon into graham or chocolate crumb pie crust.

Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes, and enjoy. 8) :P

What's nice about this recipe is one simple substitution (sugar substitute for one cup of sugar) and it's a tasty, non-fattening low carb treat. Of course real whipped heavy cream instead of Cool Whip.

Back