TreeHouser
Yup the lerp psylid is in humboldt now
freshly arrived and enjoying the local eucs

got a whole slug of new bugs this year

lets see we got fusarium wilt on the canary isle palms 2 yrs ago
port orford cedar disease last year
a blight yearly

something attacking juniper and cypress that i havent seen before
would red spider mites cause a juniper to brown out?

and polution or salt damaging the north and west sides of most trees near the bay

ive been getting a lot of calls for bugs this year

the lerp is exciting cause it will kill a lot of trees and those are fire hazzards which i get to remove...yeah

hopefully it cant survive our winters
and will go away, but if not im gonna be up some firewood:)

We had the lerp for a while down here and now the tortoise beetle. Lots of eucs gone but getting better.
Jeff

I heard that Lerp makes eucs alot lighter, not as likely to break.

Not as much foliage to fall on the ground, might reduce fire risk?

Heard a guy speak about euc. pests in L.A. a few years ago.

He said someone was bringing em' in from Australia at the rate of 1 pest sp. every 2 years.

Breeding em' by the millions in a garage in L.A. or somewhere and letting em' go.

I heard that Lerp makes eucs alot lighter, not as likely to break.

Not as much foliage to fall on the ground, might reduce fire risk?

Heard a guy speak about euc. pests in L.A. a few years ago.

He said someone was bringing em' in from Australia at the rate of 1 pest sp. every 2 years.

Breeding em' by the millions in a garage in L.A. or somewhere and letting em' go.

Lighter in foliage but the wood seems to get more heavy and tends to split which is why they are not used as railroad ties today as they were expected to be in the late 1800's. I think we will eventually get a grip on these pests as we learn more about them. Dead or alive, euc and euc oil is very flammable. But if you are in socal, you may be glad for the euc.
Jeff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the tortise beetle follows along after the lerp
its not here yet, but im waiting
eucs are an invasive non native so i dont mind seeing em go, look foreward to burning lots of wood

ok treatment....for a nice one i dont want to die.......are mauget's merit injections still the best way to go?

Back