Anyone Have a Good Pizza Dough Recipe?

The recipe that came with our breadmaker works well, havent made hand kneaded dough in ages. Do you want the machine recipe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't have a bread maker but I do have really good mixer with a dough kneeding attachment.

Dunno if thats the same, the breadmaker warms the dough and such, its a 4 hour process from dumping all the gunk in until its ready to roll out.
I remember my ma used to make the dough then put it on the over top in a bowl with a damp towel over it so the dough could rise.
Last time I made pizza dough I did a 50/50 mix of white flour and whole wheat just for giggles. :)

Here's what I do.

1 and 1/3 cups of warm water with one teaspoon of sugar and one packet of yeast. Let sit 15 mins.

Add one tablespoon of oil(I use olive oil) and then add to 3 cups of flour.

Mix everything together well and then let stand covered in a oiled bowl in a warm area for 45mins.

Beat the mixture down and then roll it/toss it out into your pizza pan.

This will make one giant or two medium sized pizzas.

This is my simple stand by. I also make some fancier doughs as well as bake bread too.

I work/kneed all my doughs by hand. This basic pizza dough doesn't need(ha ha) alot of kneeding the mixture should be somewhat tacky and almost moist but not to sticky or wet. With using that exact amount of water and flour it'll turn out quite well. Drop some flour on all your surfaces/hands to aid in handling.

Oh yah bake about 20mins at 400. This could/will vary depending on your toppings.

My personal favorite. Prawn, artichoke, pesto pizza. Mmmmmmm

one of my exes used beer instead of water but I dont have the recipe. It was really airy dough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used to have a beer batter recipe that was good.

Pizza

2 pounds, 3 ounces (1 kilogram) strong bread flour
1 ounce (30 grams) sugar
1 ounce (30 grams) salt
1 ounce dried yeast
1 pint (565 millilitres) tepid water
2 tablespoons olive oil
Toppings, recipes follow
Put the flour onto a work surface or use a bowl, if you are short of space. Using your fingers, make a big well in the middle of the flour. Add the sugar, salt and yeast then pour in the tepid water and olive oil. Using a fork, make circular movements from the centre moving outwards, slowly bringing in more of the flour until all the yeast mixture is soaked up. This should be starting to look like dough now so you can start to work and knead it until it is smooth. This should take around 4 minutes. Roll out to a sausage shape and divide into 8 or 10 balls, depending on how large you want the pizzas to be.

:)

I make pizza EVERY %^&$# Friday night.

I use a breadmaker. You can pick one up on eBay for cheap. I like Breadman, although I haven't used any other.

I use 2 cups White Lily Bread Flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 Tblsp sugar, 1 Tblsp olive oil, 2/3 cup hot water, a rounded tsp of both yeast and gluten.

I put all the dry ingredients into the breadmaker, add the hot water and oil and push the button for dough.

Attachments

• pizza_sm.jpg
    pizza_sm.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 70
yup, the breadmaker sure is the easy way. our dough is good and I dust it with cornmeal to roll it out before throwing it on the pan or right on the rack. My last request for a gift was a pizza peel, I havent yet got one tho. :(

Darin,

I think the "Flying Pie" sells their dough in little one pizza balls. They may even sell their mix. Just add water.;)

I dunno, Che's pizza looks pretty darn good. yum yum

Too much dough, Imma thin crust guy. I wanna eat pizza, not dough!
168.gif

Che's dough does look good, but I prefer the thin crust as well. We used to make home-made pizza, until one day I sat down and figured out the cost and time involved. We order out now. It isn't as good, but pretty damn close if you have a good pizza joint nearby.

YES IT IS! She sent me her recipie for dough... and it was a snap. Good stuff...

Thanks Che!!! The girls love to make homemade pizza!

Gary
now wait a minute--you say it was a snap--tasted great--then said the girls like to make homemade pizza-----you cheaten a little?????????

Che, Jamie Oliver has lots of good basic recipes for stuff, we both like watching his show. Might have to try that dough!

It's pretty easy. You get a 'feel' for it after a while....too much flour and it's heavy, too little and it's too difficult to handle and can come out kinda doughy.

If anyone needs the full recipe, pizza 101....the 'how to' part w/ raising time etc. I'll post it. But I'm too beat right now, two nights this week out chasing wayward cows after dark.

Back