How do you get rid of ivy?

• Thread starter Bounce
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 4K
B

Bounce

I've got a job coming up that will require disposal of several truckloads of english ivy. I don't want to chip the stuff because of the 200 million ivy plants that sprouted from the pile of chipped ivy I dumped last year. I don't want to burn the stuff because that takes forever. I'm considering actually taking it to the dump, but at $.07/lb that will cost $200-300 just to get rid of it, which I don't want to pay. Here in the NW, it is a HIGHLY invasive species that can eventually kill host trees, so I'm trying to keep it out of the environment. Anybody got any ideas for me?

Sorry I can't stay to chat - I'll check back in a day or two to read responses though. Thanks

Maybe hit it with "Roundup" to kill it & prevent new groth. Then chip or burry it.

HC

I don't want to chip the stuff because of the 200 million ivy plants that sprouted from the pile of chipped ivy I dumped last year.
This statement leads me to believe that you see this 'dump spot' on a regular basis ? Is it your property that you dumped it on ? If so, do it again, only this time invest $100 in tarps & cover it.

I'd pay to dump it, and if that check into a debris box, diesel, time and disposal fees.

John, I don't know about English Ivy, But Cape Ivy can resprout from a half inch node.

Crazy Invasive. Like You'all's Kudza.

wild...yeah usually English Ivy is done after you chip it...never seen cape Ivy before.

Y'all gots to be pirate to the core to get it..........eh?

:lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKCFDT9ELSg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKCFDT9ELSg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ivy sucks,
i dump mine in the greenwaste pile at the mill, goes for chips to the power plant
and its free
and if it sucks...ie..pampass grass, ivy, palm, wood..as long as it organic...there it goes...yes!

Bet if they forgot to grind it into chips right away you might be hired to come to fix the new ivy problem:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
And here I though y'all was hillbilly speck:/::lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goats! My friend tells me goats are the answer, that they will eat it all and ask for more. Now how do I get a goat for a day?

check craigslist or google, theres business out there that offer the service

I've heard that little lambs , eat Ivy ..... maybe some little lambs ....

a kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you? (old sing-song)

1484809805_343ece4745.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
People actually rent out their goats? No kiddin? (get it? kiddin? I crack myself up)

Back