Pesticide Knowledge

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
M

Mr. Sir

Hi all. I'm taking the BCMA test next month and my weakest area is pesticides. It's been a long time since I held a pesticide license and there are a lot of new products out there (and many of the ones I used are now gone).

Are there any good sources online for this type of information? I guess what I need is a Cliff's Notes for pests and problems and what type of product to apply. Thanks for any help you can give. :)

One place where the BCMA test is seriously flawed in my HO. The test is centered on US product names and registered pesticides, most of which is irrelevant outside the US.

Not sure what to refer to in the US but up here we have PMRA as a national resource and BC Ministry of Agriculture as a provincial resource.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Gigi,
I just ordered that book. I think I had that at one time way back when I first took the CORE test. Can't find it now though. :what:

Half seriously Dark. Insecticidal soap and hort oils cover a bunch of needs and there are lots of product s thatwork on various pests to some degree but Merit is the current Mr. Fixit.----And it seems to really work welll for a lot of situations.

...Merit is the current Mr. Fixit.----And it seems to really work welll for a lot of situations.
Read the label for Grub-Ex, too. I grew up in the thumb area of Michigan, which is 99% farming. In the '70's the soil was so sterile from pesticides it was like dust. Overuse of imidicloprid (Merit) is still common, and it seems like bugs get resistant to it ?

From my experience they probably won't test you on which chemicals are used for which pests because that is constantly changing but on your ability to read the pesticide label or any other information that is available to you such as a website or guide.

+ reading MSDA sheets, no ? Material Safety Data Somethingsomething.
+ safe storage, emergency, spills, etc.
Keep us posted. I'm curious to read what the test was like.

chickadee you still short of ceu's? toldja ya shoulda gone to grand rapids last winter. :P

Didja go to online seminars? Those are a steal.

147 CEU's in 5 years for me, only a few have been paid for. The magazine ones and the online ones look to be enough to get recertification within the 3 years...

Back